Friday 25 October 2013

Erotica 2013 show

Earlier today I visited the Erotica 2013 show and, frankly, was pretty underwhelmed.

Firstly, instead of being right next to Olympia station, there's a half mile walk from Wapping Tube. The building itself is a bit of a maze with all the stalls in glass "shops" (meaning some people ended up stuck in the back end of a room with no through-flow).

I talked to several people who had problems with the lack of organisation, being moved at the last minute, crew not being available for their events or not being mentioned in the show guide (I was the entire audience for the writers Q and A!).

It was a lot smaller than even the last Erotica at Olympia and there weren't many punters there either.

Even having spent a fair amount of time talking with stall-holders I knew, within 1 1/2 hours I'd seen everything there was there (which wasn't that much) and was going to go home, but first I wasted another 20 minutes trying to re-locate a stall on which there was something I wanted to take another look at, but couldn't remember which glass box it was in...

All in all, I wasn't very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment